4 Reasons Why Bas Brukx Was Named Emerging Growth CFO
June 10, 2015
On June 10, 2015, Clarabridge CFO Bas Brukx was honored at the 19th Annual NVTC Greater Washington Technology CFO Awards. Bas, who was a finalist last year, was named Emerging Growth CFO at the event. All of Clarabridge is thrilled, though not at all surprised, that Bas was singled out for this award.
So, what makes Bas a great choice to win an award that recognizes “outstanding achievement and excellence in promoting the area’s technology community”?
- He’s a cool negotiator. Bas is always involved in major deal negotiation for Clarabridge. In 2014, he was instrumental in Clarabridge’s acquisition of Market Metrix, from identifying the potential acquisition target to actual contract negotiations. He helped negotiate deals to bring new systems into the organization to improve efficiency, and was also deeply involved in deal negotiation with the 52 new customers Clarabridge acquired in 2014.
- He’s a smooth operator. From switching auditors to implementing new accounting and financial models, Bas has made operational changes that improve the financial integrity of Clarabridge as well as making things run more efficiently. His efforts have promoted collaboration and confidence in our ways of working.
- He makes us look good. Bas exemplifies Clarabridge’s passion for improving the customer experience. He was recognized for his leadership in 2014, which was a banner year for Clarabridge. Some highlights of the remarkable achievements that Bas has helped to make a reality:
- 50% sales growth
- 60% increase in recurring revenue
- 94 net new employees
- 52 new customers
- Doubling of our office space
- Implementation of new business systems
- 2 acquisitions: Market Metrix and Engagor
- Significant expansion of credit facility to support accelerated growth
- He’s just generally awesome. People within Clarabridge love working with Bas. He’s a key strategic advisor to the entire executive team, and he is always willing to help with other projects from around the organization. He also has a great sense of humor! Bas is critical to the success of this organization, as stated by Sid Banerjee, Clarabridge CEO: “Clarabridge’s success in 2014 was of course a team effort, involving our great staff from top to bottom. However, I believe it would not have been possible without the contributions of strategic insight, guidance, and firm-handed financial leadership that we received from Bas. As we pursue even more aggressive goals in 2015, I am relying on him to continue to be an extraordinary performer and a key contributor to our success.”
Congratulations to Bas Brukx for exemplifying the Clarabridge Culture Code, raising our profile, and being a key member of the Clarabridge team. This award was well earned!
Lisa Sigler is Sr. Manager of Content Marketing at Clarabridge. For over 16 years, Lisa has used her writing and editorial skills to bring the value and benefits of technology to life. In her current role, she works to demonstrate Clarabridge’s position as thought leader and trailblazer in the Customer Experience Management market. Lisa holds a B.A. of English from Kent State University. Read more from Lisa on Twitter @siglerLis.