5 Must-Haves in your Customer Experience Management Platform
December 2, 2015
By Fabrice Martin, VP of Product Management
There are two things to keep in mind about customer experience management (CEM): It is very important, and it is very hard to get right.
CEM is the collection of processes a company uses to track, oversee, and organize every interaction between a customer and the organization throughout the customer lifecycle. You want every interaction to go smoothly and leave the customer satisfied. But because there are so many ways that a customer can interact with brands today, it is impossible to optimize every touchpoint without help. Here are five things to look for when you are choosing a CEM platform to help you manage the customer experience.
- Collects All Feedback. You need a system that collect data from every point along your customer journey map, from every listening post, easily and effectively. If your data analysts are spending too much time trying to capture and ingest data from different systems, chaos reigns. Decisions are made with incomplete data, drawing incomplete conclusions. Instead, you need a platform that can ingest data on a continuous basis, in real time.
- Unifies All Feedback. It’s not enough just to have all of the data. You need to be able to analyze it together, consistently. Different users need different types of data, from executives to store managers, but having a unified platform ensures that you are all seeing the single source of truth for making business decisions in your organization.
- Understands All Feedback. About 95% of all customer feedback today comes in the form of unstructured text. You need to be able to analyze and measure this feedback just like you do with structured data including survey results and ratings. Your CEM platform should feature advanced text analytics capabilities to understand exactly what your customers are saying, and sentiment analysis so you know how they are feeling about you. Pairing the structured and unstructured analysis together shows the full picture.
- Empowers Everyone. Many CEM platforms are aimed squarely at data analysts or customer experience practitioners. However, in today’s environment, customer experience is everybody’s job. A platform that provides insights for everyone from executives to frontline employees, in a way that helps each person do his or her job better, is a better overall investment. Look for dashboards and sharing functionality that make CEM accessible to the whole organization.
- Fast and Flexible. Once you’ve made the decision to tackle CEM, you want to get started as soon as you can. A platform that provides out-of-the-box templates that cater to your industry can get you up and running quickly. On the other hand, there are almost certainly nuances to your business that a “one size fits all” platform would miss. Your CEM platform should feature customizable templates and tunable analytics so that you get insights quickly and with laser-like focus.
Providing a great customer experience is more important now than ever before. Use these tips to make sure you are doing it right, by investing in a CEM platform that fulfills all of your needs.
For a deeper dive into all five of these requirements for a CEM platform, watch our pre-recorded webinar, “How to Select a CEM Platform.”