6 Key, New Engagor Updates
June 9, 2015
We have some exciting updates to share with you! In addition to our recently added new Publisher section and Engagement Performance Dashboard, we continuously work on adding and improving smaller features in our platform.
1. Changelog: Overview of All Updates to Engagor
We now have an Engagor Changelog, a list of all improvements to Engagor, both big and small, to help you track the evolution of our platform in terms of features. We keep this list up to date at all times so that you can always stay on top of any changes we make. Stay tuned for more product updates via our dedicated product update blog posts, the support tips we share via our Engagor Twitter account, and our in-app notifications.
2. YouTube & Facebook: Upgraded to New API
At Engagor, we invest in making sure we can guarantee a lasting, smooth integration for the social networks we support within our platform. We’ve recently upgraded to the new APIs of both YouTube and Facebook. This means that we have some cool, new opportunities available in Engagor:
- For YouTube, this means that we now actively monitor the last 500 videos on a channel instead of the last 200 videos.
- For Facebook, we are now able to display photos uploaded to a Facebook private message inline in Engagor.
Do you want more details about the changes this includes for the Facebook API upgrade? Read more about it in our dedicated support article.
3. New Permissions Added for Custom User Roles
When working in Engagor, it’s key to create user roles (e.g. Administrator, Viewer, Contributor, etc.) that allow you to restrict the permissions and responsibilities of people working within your Engagor account. In addition to user roles, we also have custom user roles which allow you to create your own set of responsibilities for each user, tailored to your brand’s needs.
A social media team leader has entirely different responsibilities when compared to a social customer service agent. Be sure to adjust their user roles within your social media tool accordingly.
For these custom user roles, we have now added new conditions that allow you to create even more relevant permissions within Engagor with more depth.
- Edit Saved Targeting options (for publishing on Facebook)
- Edit Contact Settings (if you should be able to create custom fields for the contact sheet)
- The ability to chat within the platform
- View Account Settings
4. Delete Mention From Service Now Possible For Google+, Instagram, and YouTube
We’re continuously working on improving functionalities for each social network (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) we support in our platform to help you manage your social media presence effortlessly. That’s why it’s now also possible to delete Instagram comments, YouTube comments and replies, and Google+ comments and activities from the platform itself via Engagor. This is especially useful if you’re dealing with profanity, for example, and would like to remove them from your service quickly.
Important Note: Deleting mentions is only acceptable in a limited amount of scenarios. Not really sure if you should delete a post or not? At Engagor, we believe each social media message, both positive and negative, is key to your business and can really help you improve your business. Read more about how to respond to negative buzz about your brand here.
5. Publisher: Add Notes to Post in Calendar
We’re already adding new features to our recently launched Publishing section! In the Calendar view, you will now have the option to add a note to your posts. This is useful when keeping your team members up to date about the content you publish on your social media channels. The note is also visible in ‘History’ within the Publisher where you can see a list of actions taken on a post.
6. New Dashboard Widget: Measure Time Between Actions
Check out some of the other, recent updates to our product:
- 7 Cool, Small New Engagor Features You Need to Know About Today
- Features Update: 5 New Updates You Can Benefit From Today
- New Enterprise Features: Optimal Team Organization With Business Hours Schedules & Teams
Do you have an idea about how you can improve our product? We would love to hear your opinion! Don’t hesitate to submit it to Engagor Ideas.