Discover The Top 100 Social Brands in Headstream’s FMCG Ranking
October 17, 2014
With the help of Engagor, Headstream, a UK digital marketing agency, has created an interesting report about the UK’s top 100 social FMCG brands. In this report, they rank the top 100 FMCG brands based on their performance on social media.
For its research, Headstream partnered with Engagor to pull data for each brand’s activity on Facebook and Twitter. Response time, amount of replies sent to customers, and engagement by the community were all taken into account. With this data, Headstream was able to compile a ranking and a snapshot of the performance of top social brands based on customer engagement.
Let’s take a look at the insights they were able to draw from the data we gathered with Engagor. First and foremost, here are a few interesting facts the Engagor data brought to the surface:
- 90% of FMCG brand have a Facebook page whereas 74% have a Twitter account.
- Fanta is the number one performing brand on Twitter.
- 5 of the brands in the top 10 are beverage brands.
Headstream had an in-depth talk with 7 of the top 10 performing brands featured within the ranking to discuss their social strategies. Take a look at some of the recurring themes:
- Real-time marketing is a heavily discussed topic by each brand, with most brands allocating budgets to push content responding to topical events in the news.
- With Facebook’s drop in organic reach and Twitter playing with the idea of a news feed style algorithm, brands are considering the need to adapt their approach. While content still needs to add value to the life of your customers, objective-based, paid media strategies are implemented to achieve targeted reach and response.
Read the full report and discover interesting findings about the top social brands in FMCG:
1. Case studies from the top 10 brands including Haribo, Whiskas, Pepsi Max, and Heinz.
2. Key observations of the way the top 100 social brands engage with their community.
3. The final list of the top 100 brands including Snickers, Dr Pepper, and Weigtwatchers.