In Retrospect: New Engagor Features in 2014
December 18, 2014
With 2014 almost coming to an end, the time has come to look back on the top-notch features we have released throughout the past year. Out top priority in 2014 was to make the Engagor platform state-of-the-art and further improve the way users work with our product. We are really proud of the amount of improvements and new features Engagor has implemented this past year.
Have a look at some of the key features we have been working on in 2014:
1. SLA Metrics & Team Performance Widgets on Customized Dashboards
At Engagor, it’s our mission to optimize social media teams’ performance. That’s why you can easiliy follow up on users’ performance with custom dashboards containing only the widgets you need. In 2014 we added a series of widgets to quickly find out whether you are meeting your SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) and keep track of your team’s performance:
- Percentage of posts replied to within the SLA
- Average response time
- Response time per user
- Average time to first action
2. Archive Tags
In Engagor, you can set up an advanced reporting system through labels (tags), to save you a lot of time when collecting the right data to report on your reputation, campaigns, performance, etc.. Over time, certain tags (related to, for example, temporary campaigns) can become redundant. That’s why you can now archive tags. You can obviously still use them for reporting, but they will no longer distract you in the list of tags you are actively using.
3. Command Center: Pause & Play!
With Engagor, you can showcase the results of your company’s social media efforts for everyone in the office to see. By displaying them in frequently visited areas (e.g. at the coffee machine), you can keep a close eye on your performance and share the results and success with the entire company. With the Engagor Command Center, you can show Top Posts, Volume, Response Time, Sentiment and more in a recurring loop. If someone is watching the Command Center and wants to have a closer look at one of the analytics or conversations, you can now pause the Command Center and if you want, even click through on the data for a more detailed break-down!
4. Receive Mobile Push Notifications
Enhancing our mobile capabilities to help our users deliver customer support on the go, is one of the key features we have been working on in 2014. Not only did we launch our iOS app, since recently our users can also download the Engagor Android app as a complimentary service. To make sure every incoming mention gets a proper response and to improve the integration between our web and mobile applications, we now send mobile push notifications.
Let’s have a look at some situations in which mobile push notifications are very useful:
- In times of crises: when Engagor pulls data containing critical keywords, in case of sudden peaks in volume or negative mentions and other ‘crisis indicators’ we will automatically send you push notifications.
- When SLAs aren’t met: e.g. when there are 50 mentions older than one hour in your Inbox.
- When influencers (e.g. journalists, people with more than Twitter 1,000 followers) publish a post on social media related to your brand.
- And many more!
5. Optimized Integration With Facebook
We are constantly improving the social networks we support, and there’s a lot of them! Here’s how we optimized the integration with Facebook in 2014:
- Hide or delete posts from a Facebook page without deleting them in Engagor (which allows you to still include them in your reporting)
- Share Facebook posts from within Engagor.
- Attach pictures to Facebook comments.
- Upload custom photos with links instead of the preview Facebook includes by default.
The filters within Engagor are a fine piece of art to work only with relevant data (for reporting, customer service, alerts, etc.). As companies’ needs on social media continually shift and evolve, we continuously optimize our filters. Recently we added some very useful filtering options.
Users can now:
- Filter on ‘Question’ for all mentions containing a ‘?’
- Filter on ‘Older Than’ which for example allows you to set up a “priority” mailbox with mentions that haven’t been replied to in time
- Filter on ‘Original Author’ when for example you want to see all posts related to one of your own posts (eg. all of your own tweets + all retweets)
- Sort on ‘Last Action Date’ to follow up on the most recent actions by a specific user
- Declutter the Inbox with the Smart Delete button after optimizing your topic set-up
Of course these aren’t the only new features and improvements we have added to Engagor throughout 2014. Here’s a selection of some other, useful updates:
- Copy custom User Roles to easily give a group of users the same access and permissions in your account, which is especially useful when working in large teams.
- When creating User Roles (to give users permission to perform certain actions) you can now add a new type of permission: create new tags, and edit or delete existing ones.
- Trigger web hooks to integrate with a broad range of services, such as SMS, CRM or your own company’s tools. This for example allows you to receive an SMS or create a note in your CRM system when certain mentions roll into Engagor.
- We have added Italian & Turkish sentiment to our list of automatic sentiment analysis. In total, we now support 9 languages for automatic sentiment detection!
- To find out how much traffic to your website links sent from within Engagor generate, we have added source tracking to url’s as part of a Google Analytics integration.
- You can now see up to 50 mentions on one page in the Inbox.
- API users will be happy to know we have added several new API possibilities.
- Enhance your content marketing thanks to the email alert you will receive when a post you scheduled failed to publish.
- Access analytics about the messages in specific mailboxes (customer service, a certain campaign, etc.) by filtering on the mailbox or smart folder.
- Immediately position new widgets on dashboards where you want them: at the top or at the bottom.